Japanese Needle Therapies like Shiatsu, are a deep and rich body of therapeutic work that evolved out of Dr Manaka's research into East Asian acupuncture practices. He was not only a doctor, a practitioner but also a researcher and inventor. His work has refined, revolutionised and extended the field of acupuncture. This page discusses the many aspects of this complex and deeply healing form of holistic therapy. It's origins are from Japan and China, Korea and indeed Eastern Asia as a whole.
Japanese Needle therapy is a true retreat for your mind, body and soul. Your body is able to let go of deeply held tensions and process (thoughts, emotions, traumas, etc). This state of deep release is rare and very beneficial for your nervous system in as much as it calms the stress hormones (adrenaline and cortisol) responsible for the natural fight or flight modes. Just in doing that it is already doing wonders for your antiaging and immunity but that is just the start.
Coming from a background of Shiatsu therapy which I often combine with Japanese Needle Therapies to excellent results. The work is quite dynamic, rhythmic, opening, releasing and typical deeply soothing.
Japanese Needle Therapies, also known as Manaka Protocols make use of Hara(4), Pulse diagnosis and like Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) (5) observational diagnosis. It is comprehensive in it's reach through a deep understanding that a condition is going to present it's self in multiple dimensions e.g. how one holds their body ie posture, their gait, in their pulse and in physical and cosmetic areas of their body. Of course it is much more in-depth than these simplistic examples but I hope you get a clearer picture of how everything informs a treatment if we know where to look and what it is hinting at.
As the name states the treatment uses acupuncture needles which are extremely thin and typically shallowly inserted. Ion Pumping Cords connect between the needles to provide a path for the micro-currents present in the body allowing it to rebalance. It is very relaxing to feel that process taking place.
Having mentioned needles a number of times I will briefly mention that there are non insertive methods available instead of the needles. At times frail or young clients present and needles are not appropriate. SSP's are a small silver disc that makes contact with the acupoint to which the ion cords are attached.
This body of work helps correct and restore balance in the weakened or blocked energy flows. Any torsion is corrected and organs work more efficiently, thoughts are clear because the mind is nourished and grounded
It is truly a holistic therapy that is dynamic, effective and gentle.
These days our conditions are complex and, frequently chronic in nature. This is because our world has changed and our lives have unfortunately become overly complex, stressful and polluted. On top of this the western culture keeps propagating the notion of "Soldure On" which has the effect of people idnoring early warning signs and going on until much later when the pain or symptoms become unbearable, by then they have become chronic. For example, a channel being deficient exhibiting as knee pain becoming a deeply set (chronic) faulty gait resulting in hip and lower back issues. The longer and deeper the condition means that a longer course of treatments is necessary to restore healthy functioning.
Why not check my Questions and Answers (FAQ) page here or simply call.
120 minutes $160,
90 minutes $110,
60 mins $85.
Most sessions are 90 minutes because there is really quite a lot to fit in to a treatment.
Having said that, if, however you only have an hour then I will do my best to care for you within that timeframe. We can always continue at a follow up session when you have more time.
Another consideration is if you are particularly thin and often cold then it is more appropriate to have a number of shorter treatments. This will become more evident as I formulate a treatment specific to you.
Should you have strict time constraints please mention this at the start as generally I prefer to complete what we set out to do even if that means going a little longer. This happens in most sessions and I do not charge for that time.
or call 0433 095 277 are accepted and gift cards are available
(1) Structures being muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia, skin, intestines and other organs.
(2) Acupressure points are also known as acupuncture points. These have various functions in manipulating or controlling energetic flows known as Qi, Blood and body fluids. They do this either directly or by affecting the function of glands and other organs. The use of acupoints falls under Chinese medicine theoretical systems such as the 5 element model, 3 Burner model and so on where their functions as systemised and understood underpinned by 3000 years of research, development and careful observation by thousands and thousands of practitioners.
(3) Energetic pathways is a generic term meaning Meridian Channels on which acu points (acupuncture points) mark critical places. Stimulating these points affects the connected organs and or processes within the body.
(4) Hara is the Chinese and Japanese term for the mid frontal area of what we westerners commonly call the stomach. The diaphragm forms and holds the upper boundary and hips the lower, many symptoms present here as stiff, weak, hot and cold and pulsing sensations.
(5) TCM is a acronym representing Traditional Chinese Medicine a body of therapeutic work from the Chinese regions.